Golden Sweet Cornbread
adapted from Allrecipes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup white sugar (1/4 cup sugar + 1/4 cup stevia)
- 1 teaspoon + 1 pinch salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (skim milk)
- 1/2 cup canola oil (3 Tbs. oil + 5 Tbs. unsweetened applesauce)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan or muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and canola oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes for pan, 15 minutes for muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
And here is my cute little helper, offering silent encouragement.