Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jason!

My last week of February was spent plotting Jason's birthday celebration. That week was fun. I went decoration shopping, and ordered Jason's birthday present. We also went out to eat. A lot. But you see, we had so much to celebrate! Not only was March 1st Jason's birthday, it was also his one year home-from-the-mission mark. And the day before, February 28th, was the six month anniversary of our wedding (time passes so quickly when you're having fun/you live with Jason). So anyways back to the birthday boy.

I got creative with construction paper and balloons and trashed our living room with birthday cheer. I also got very creative with Starbursts in order to decorate his cake. I tried to keep this all as a surprise from Jason (he didn't want any hullabaloo about his birthday). Yeah, that didn't work out......It's difficult to have a secret when you live in a 450 sq. ft apartment. And have you ever tried to keep a surprise from Jason? It requires superhuman strength! So sufficed to say, Jason knew all about how his birthday was going to go down.

March 1st was also fast Sunday. That was interesting, let me tell you. Have you ever met a hungry Jason? Gru-mpy! So instead of breakfast in bed, we did present in bed. And boy, was Jason sooo excited about the nice new Nixon watch he had picked out himself. He thinks it's pretty baller. Then the rest of the time before church was spent collecting fast offerings (Jason), and baking bread and making the cake (Megan).

After church we came home, and I made one of Jason's favorites- what I call "Dirty Chicken and Zucchini." He tells me that he knew for sure he loved me when I first made this for him when we were dating. Then, we played our own version of the game, "Celestial Companions" that Jason's sister Jessica got for us. And then we ate cake and ice cream. And went to bed.

So overall, maybe not the most exciting birthday, but we got to spend it together, and that was the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment