Sunday, June 14, 2009

We survive off of Otter Pops and Friends

I am officially resigning myself to the fact that this blog is my responsibility. So I am taking the heat for not posting anything for a while. We have been busy to say the least. Here is what has been going on:

-We visited Jason's Aunt Sarah and Uncle Blake in Vancouver, Washington right before Spring Semester began. We had a ton of fun seeing the sights and hanging out with their family. Here's a few of the things we did:

Hiked Multnomah Falls

Checked out Saturday's Market in PortlandAnd walked through Chinatown (empty)

-Summer semester is in full swing. Midterms came out last week, and we are both doing well in classes. Jason is "enjoying" statistics and databases. I am learning how to sew a straight line and bowl. The sewing is going well. The bowling is not. I have also read at least 47 children's books in the last several weeks for my children's literature class.

-We are collecting camping gear so that we can go on a official trip before this summer ends. Jason is borderline desperate to go.

-I am continuing my experimentation in the kitchen- sometimes it turns out, sometimes it doesn't. But I am just waiting to try a recipe for cream cheese cinnamon rolls from Joy the Baker.

- We have eaten through a box of 100 otter pops in the last two or three weeks. We have two pinks, one orange, and about a million greens left. Why do they even make a green otter pop?

- Jason was accepted into BYU, and he received his Associates degree! Huzzah!

-We are trying to coordinate our move to Provo in August. We are so ready to get back to civilization!

-During Memorial day weekend, we visited my family and Jason had the unique opportunity of ripping out my parent's front sidewalk (8" thick) with my dad, brother, and brothers-in-law. They also rerouted the sprinkler system. Afterwards, they shot up zombies in the basement.

-Jason is currently resistant to the idea of a haircut. We are trying to work through that. I have tried to convince him that he is no longer a midwest beach bum, and that he must look like he belongs in polite society. His answer is still no.

-We have watched the first 2 1/2 seasons of Friends since borrowing the discs from Dani two weeks ago. Hi, my name is Megan, and I have been addicted to Friends for two years now.....

-My little sister graduated from Riverton High School this month. We are so proud of her!

-We saw UP! last night and loooooved it. I have not laughed so hard, or banged my head on the armrest so often since I was......somewhere else?

That is our life in a nutshell. I could go on, but then you would be bored and never speak to us again. That would be bad. I will try a shorter post next time, which will hopefully be within the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment