Monday, November 15, 2010

Megan's Crazy World of Crafting

Every Mommy knows that she needs an occasional break from being a Mommy in order to stay sane. Unfortunately, since Jason is so busy bringing home the bacon and otherwise providing for us, and since Madelyn is a high-maintentance child, I don't get a lot of Mommy breaks, so instead, I sew and make various things. All without trying to spend money.....

A car seat canopy refashion- I made this canopy several months ago, but the straps would move all around on the handle. I finally had enough of the slipping and sliding, so I remade the straps so that they fit snuggly. I also remade the flowers with the help of some fabric my Grandma gave me. I'm pretty sure the fabric is older than I am.



I believe in beautiful hair, but Madelyn lacks large amounts of it, soooooo..... she wears a lot of headbands. Again, I kinda had to use what I had lying around...ahem, tights.....but anyway, they work!



This pillow is, once again, made from fabric found in my Grandma's fabric filing cabinet (as well as some fleece from a jacket I made in sewing class that will never fit unless I am hugely pregnant) and from a pattern found on purlbee.com.



I made the fabric basket liners, which were also made from that super old pink fabric from my grandma. Note: It's a good thing they are meant to only show on the outside because the inside is U-G-L-Y. I need to learn how to sew a flat piece of fabric to four sides of fabric.



Madelyn's tissue paper mobile- $3 for tissue paper. Martha Stewart's minions inspired this one. So cheap, and simple so that Madelyn doesn't get overwhelmed.



And now I feel like a total showoff, but I promise that my lack of photography know how keeps me very humble. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. You are so crafty! I need to learn from you!!! Everything looks SO good. You should be totally proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too talented. Pass some of that around, will ya? ;)

    ReplyDelete